Looks can be deceiving! This simple dessert is absolutely delicious!
Raspberry Walnut Torte
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 10 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- whipped cream or ice cream for garnish
Raspberry Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup reserved raspberry juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Combine 1 cup flour, icing sugar and butter and blend well. Press mixture into bottom of a 9” x 13” pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Drain the raspberries, reserving liquid for sauce. Spoon the raspberries over the crust and sprinkle with walnuts.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt, ¼ cup flour, baking powder and vanilla. Blend well and pour over walnuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Cool in the pan.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients, except lemon juice, in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear. Remove the saucepan from the heat, stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Cut the torte into squares and serve with whipped cream or ice cream and Raspberry Sauce.
From the second book in the best-selling Blueberries & Polar Bears Cookbook Series, Cranberries & Canada Geese