We always cook healthy food at the Churchill Wild Lodges, but our guests absolutely love desserts, especially when they’re homemade! This great scratch chocolate pudding comes to us from Toni Morberg, daughter of Blueberries and Polar Bears Cookbook Series co-author Helen Webber.
Mmm… delicious! It’s in the genetics 🙂
• 1/3 cup white sugar 75 mL
• ¼ cup cornstarch 60 mL
• 2 cups milk 500 mL
• 1 cup whipping cream 250 mL
• 2 eggs, slightly beaten
• 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, grated
• 1 tsp. vanilla 5 mL
1. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan. Gradually blend in the milk and whipping cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the custard comes to a boil and thickens.
2. Add a little of the hot milk mixture to the beaten eggs, then return the eggs to the saucepan and stir well. Heat to boiling, stirring vigorously.
3. Take the custard off the heat; stir in the chocolate, then the vanilla.
4. Pour into individual serving dishes to cool. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy! Serves 4 – 6
From our Icebergs & Belugas Cookbook, page 177.