These lemon blueberry muffins are bursting with blueberries and tangy lemon. A sweet and sticky lemon glaze finishes them off. These muffins are the exact balance of sweet and tart to perk up your morning!
Sunshine Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour (425 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder (12 mL)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (3 mL)
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (75 mL)
- 3/4 cup milk (175 mL)
- 1 cup blueberries – fresh or frozen (250 mL)
- 2 tbsp. sugar (30 mL)
- 2 tsp. lemon rind, grated (10 mL)
Lemon Sugar Topping
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted (30 mL)
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice (1 mL)
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 mL)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Combine the egg, oil and milk. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
- Toss the blueberries with 2 tbsp. (30 mL) of sugar and the lemon rind. Fold into the batter. Fill a greased muffin pan or muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- While the muffins bake, mix the butter and lemon juice. Remove the muffins from the pan and dip in the butter mixture and then into the remaining sugar. Place on a rack to cool.