You wouldn’t think this incredible blend of flavours would be a “keeper” – but so it has been proclaimed by all who taste it. Don’t skimp on the ginger – more is better than less!
Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney
- 2 lb. round brie cheese (1 kg)
- crackers or sliced baguette
Ginger Cranberry Chutney
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (250 mL)
- 2/3 cup sugar (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar (75 mL)
- 2 tbsp. water (30 mL)
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger (10 mL)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (1 mL)
- 1/8 tsp. cloves (0.5 mL)
- Combine chutney ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Place the Brie in a baking dish that fits, with just a little room left over. Score the top of the cheese into diamond shapes.
- Spoon the chutney over the cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 – 20 minutes or microwave for about 2 – 3 minutes, or until cheese is soft. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
The chutney may be refrigerated for up to a week, or frozen for longer storage. It may also be served with meat.