A proud member of the prestigious National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World collection, Seal River Heritage Lodge is located 60 km and 30 minutes north of Churchill by plane, deep in the heart of polar bear territory. (Visit Seal River Heritage Lodge on Google Maps.)
Ideally situated on the shores of Hudson Bay near the Seal River estuary, where thousands of beluga whales gather every summer, Seal River Heritage Lodge is home to our Birds, Bears and Belugas adventure, a Canadian Signature Experience that takes place in July and August, as well as to our Polar Bear Photo Safari in October and November and our Arctic Safari in September
Seal River Heritage Lodge maximizes ground-level polar bear and wildlife viewing and offers spectacular coastal views of Hudson Bay via nature trails, a lodge viewing tower and expansive picture windows.
Whether you’re hiking, dining, or relaxing at Seal River Heritage Lodge, you will be able to observe polar bears and other wildlife in a way that very few people ever experience.
Intimate, thrilling, up close and personal.
Seal River Heritage Lodge Features
- Authentic wilderness lodge style with all the comforts of home
- Expansive picture windows to maximize ground level viewing
- Spectacular coastal views of Hudson Bay while hiking, dining or relaxing.
- A viewing tower to take in the expansive tundra landscape and its wild inhabitants
- Cozy common area with fireplace for evening wind down
- Queen, twin and family rooms, each with their own ensuite washrooms
- Full service meals
- Electricity 24 hours a day, every day
- Natural gas and wood heat
- Library with maps
- Gift Shop
Seal River Heritage Lodge Photo Gallery
Churchill Wild Ecolodge Locations