Individual Horseradish Bread Puddings
These are absolutely excellent. If you enjoy horseradish like we do, add a bit more until these individual puddings are just right for you.
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups small-diced white sandwich bread
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh chives
- In a 4-cup liquid measuring cup, thoroughly whisk the cream and eggs. Whisk in the horseradish, 1 tsp. sea salt and a few grinds of pepper and set aside.
- Grease a 12-cup non-stick muffin tin with butter.
- Portion half of the bread crumbs evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Portion half of the cheese and half of the chives evenly among the cups. Repeat with the remaining bread, cheese and chives.
- Whisk the custard again and carefully pour it into the muffin cups, distributing it evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Position oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Bake until the puddings are set and the tops are nicely browned and puffed. About 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the puddings from the pan, running a knife around the edges if they stick.
Yields 12 individual puddings.
Notes: The puddings can be made a head. Wrap in foil and warm in a low oven.
To learn more about Webber’s Lodges Award-Winning wild game cookbooks please visit: