The comfort and safety of our guests are always top priorities, not just when walking with polar bears, but also while staying at our lodges. We are working tirelessly to ensure a comfortable and healthy experience with us during our 2021 season. Our remote location and small group sizes provide a good option for those looking to travel this year!
Churchill Wild complies with, and in most cases exceeds, the policies and procedures put forth by the Manitoba/Canadian government regarding tourism operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below you will find a list of some of the additions and changes that COVID-19 will bring to our operating and cleaning procedures. Some of these measures will be subject to change based on government guidance in the coming months.
- We’ll be implementing pre-trip screening and rapid COVID-19 testing for guests and staff.
- Daily health checks will be completed for staff and guests.
- We will fully sanitize all public, communal contact surfaces twice daily, at a minimum. This will include light switches, chair arms, tabletops, door handles, and other frequent touchpoints.
- All guest accommodation procedures previously in place ensured a high standard of cleanliness, and we will enhance those measures with daily sanitization of contact surfaces in guestrooms. When possible, we will maintain a schedule of separate staff for the removal of used service items and replacement with cleaned and sanitized items.
- We will make changes to food services to reflect health regulations and reduce communal contact.
- We will provide self-disinfecting items such as wipes and hand sanitizers in Churchill and at the lodge as needed to reduce exposure.
- We’ll increase kitchen sanitization on top of the daily cleaning schedule.
- We will maintain physical distancing as much as possible. For instance, only four people will be seated at a table during meals.
- We will require the use of masks upon boarding the charter flight to the lodge and when riding the tour bus in Churchill. (Subject to change based on health services recommendations.)
- All managers and cleaning and serving staff are required to take the Clean It Right certification, produced by Manitoba Tourism Education Council, as it pertains to COVID-19 regulations.
Guests booked with us for 2021 will receive current protocols closer to the time of their departure.
Please check this page regularly, as we will be updating information as the year progresses and procedures are adjusted.
We can’t wait to host you in our favourite corner of the world as you experience our signature safaris and create new memories with us.
All the best,
The Churchill Wild Team