Learn about our new, flexible booking conditions and enhanced safety protocols for 2021
We know there’s still a lot of uncertainty surrounding travel in 2021, so we want to help you protect your investment.
For any new bookings made on or after February 8, 2021, the following conditions will apply:
- Our deposit requirement has been reduced to $1,000 per person (from $3,000)
- Your final payment will be due 30 days prior to departure (regularly 90 days)
- Your booking is risk-free! If you are unable to travel due to COVID-19*, you will have two options:
- Move your booking to 2022 or 2023 without incurring additional costs.
- Receive a full refund of your deposit, without penalty.
*This refers to border closures and/or having COVID-19 at the time of travel.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
The comfort and safety of our guests are always top priorities, not just when walking with polar bears, but also while staying at our lodges. We are working tirelessly to ensure a comfortable and healthy experience with us during our 2021 season. Our remote location and small group sizes provide a good option for those looking to travel this year!
Churchill Wild complies with, and in most cases exceeds, the policies and procedures put forth by the Manitoba/Canadian government regarding tourism operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below you will find a list of some of the additions and changes that COVID-19 will bring to our operating and cleaning procedures. Some of these measures will be subject to change based on government guidance in the coming months.
- We will be implementing mandatory pre-trip screening for guests and staff. COVID-19 rapid tests will be available for guests and staff, if required.
- Daily health checks for both staff and guests.
- We will fully sanitize all public, communal contact surfaces twice daily, at a minimum. This will include light switches, chair arms, tabletops, door handles, and other frequent touchpoints.
- Guest accommodation will be thoroughly cleaned between guests. To limit staff interactions in guest rooms we will not be entering private rooms during your stay, we will provide self-cleaning options in each room for use as desired. Guests will be required to pack up their own linens and place the items in the bag provided before leaving their room for the last time.
- We will make changes to food services to reflect health regulations and reduce communal contact. When possible, we will maintain a schedule of separate staff for the removal of used service items and replacement with cleaned and sanitized items.
- We will provide self-disinfecting items such as wipes and hand sanitizers in Churchill and at the lodge as needed to reduce exposure.
- We’ll increase kitchen sanitization on top of the daily cleaning schedule.
- We will maintain physical distancing as much as possible. For instance, only four people will be seated at a table during meals, unless your cohort group is larger.
- We will require the use of masks upon boarding the charter flight to the lodge and when riding the tour bus in Churchill. (Subject to change based on health services recommendations.). Currently you are required to wear masks on all commercial carries as well.
- All managers and cleaning and serving staff are required to take the Clean It Right certification, produced by Manitoba Tourism Education Council, as it pertains to COVID-19 regulations.
Guests booked with us for 2021 will receive current protocols closer to the time of their departure.
Please check this page regularly, as we will be updating information as the year progresses and procedures are adjusted.
We can’t wait to host you in our favourite corner of the world as you experience our signature safaris and create new memories with us.